There was an error in this gadget

Monday, December 1, 2008

Bring Your Own "Takeout Tiffin" Containers

When we are not at home for lunch...I love toting around my lunch tiffins and getting takeout in them. I love promoting zero-waste lunches and take-out. I encourage you all to bring your own containers next time you order take-out from your favorite place to eat for lunch or dinner. Bring your own cloth napkin and silverware too. Let's see if we can reduce waste one take-out meal at a time!!

The girls and I decided to the zoo. I went to our local Mexican take-out restaurant to pick up some rice and beans as a light meal. I asked them to fill my 2-tiered lunchbox with beans and cheese and rice. Packed my handy bamboo spork and cloth napkin and off we went.


I love the little plate for serving. My 3 year old loves it even more. My 1 year old and I ate the beans and rice straight out of the tins.

No comments: